Frequently asked questions

Organizers of the Bank are renowned senior citizens with great reputation and  experience drawn from business, academia and the banking industry. The profiles of the organizers follows:

  1. Ato Getahun Nana, Chairperson Organizing Committee,  former Vice Governor of National Bank of Ethiopia and Ex-president of Development Bank of Ethiopia .
  2. Ato G/Yesus Igata;  Vice Chairperson, Organizing Committee, owner and CEO of Gift Real Estate
  3. Ato Kefeni Gurmu,  Secretary, Organizing Committee and Project Manager, Counselor and Attorney at Law; former  Director, Legal Service Directorate, Wegagen Bank S.C.
  4. Ato Yoseph Aseffa, Member,  Organizing Committee, former  Chief Technical Advisor and Senior Specialist at the ILO/UNCDF Joint Programme for Africa covering both English and French speaking Africa.
  5. Dr. Engineer  Wubishet Jekale, General Manager, Jekale CM Consultancy; Assistant Professor, AAU; and Procurement, Contract, Claim and Dispute Review Expert.
  6. Dr. Engineer  Heyaw Terefe, Member,  Organizing Committee, Senior academic staff with the rank of Assistant Professor EiABC, AAU- Chair of Theory and History of Architecture and Urbanism Director:  Research, Consultancy and Publication (EiABC).
  7. W/ro Fasika Kebede, Member,  Organizing Committee, former president of Enat Bank and Ex vice president of Commercial Bank of Ethiopia.
  8. Ato Amerga Kassa; Member,  Organizing Committee, former president of Nib International Bank.
  9. Ato Araya G/Egziabher; Member,  Organizing Committee, former president of Wegagen Bank, a well respected banker.
  10. Ato Eshetu Fantaye; Member,  Organizing Committee,  former president of Buna Bank.
  11. Ato Mulugeta Asmare; Member,  Organizing Committee, former president of Bank of Abyssinia.

The main purpose of the bank is financing construction, purchase, renovation and expansion of houses and other properties.  Apart from housing and property financing, which is unique to the bank, it will engage in all other banking activities, but at lower scale. Thus the Bank aims to place about 70% of its lending business in housing while the remaining 30% in other sectors.

GoH is a housing-cum-commercial banking entity and it will have a 70-30 mix of loan portfolio, where the bulk of its loan are dedicated to housing finance. The fact that it will focus in housing and property financing makes Goh unique from other banks operating in the country.

The following table shows the summary of share offers:

NUMBER OF SHARES OFFERED

1,000,000

PAR VALUE

BIRR 1,000.00

MINIMUM SHARE  SUBSCRIPTION

50 shares (Birr 50,000)

TERMS OF PAYMENT FOR SHARS

50% payment up on subscription

SERVICE CHARGE PER SHARE

Birr 50 per paid up share (5%  of paid up shares)

According to the Banking law, all Ethiopian citizens are allowed to buy shares. Ethiopian diaspora holding foreign passport are also allowed to buy shares. But Ethiopian Diaspora holding  foreign passports shall pay the proceeds of the shares in convertible foreign currency acceptable in Ethiopian banks.  

ቀጥታ በባንኮች ይሰጥ የነበረው የአክሲዮን ሽያጭ ተጠናቋል። ነገር ግን ለባንኩ ዕድገት የተለየ አስተዋጽዖ ማድረግ የሚችሉ አክሲዮን ያልገዙ ሰዎች ወይም ተቋማት ካሉ በባንኩ ፕሮጀክት ጽ/ቤት እየቀረቡ ለጥቂት ቀናት በልዩ ሁኔታ ሊስተናገዱ ይችላሉ።

 

Due to COVID-19 as force measure, the bank shall be operational as of Jan, 2021.

Shares are available in the following Banks. Share buyers shall deposit proceeds of share purchase and service charges in accounts indicated besides the names of the banks.

Bank

Blocked a/c  number

Service charge a/c number

Commercial Bank of Ethiopia

1000270720197

1000270758316

Awash Bank S.C

01320203719000

01325203719000

United Bank S.C

1171616579978012

1170416582840019

Bank of Abyssinia S.C

15597062

15597399

Wegagen Bank S.C

0763322310102

0763322310101

Nib International Bank S.C

7000010232088

7000010780007

Dashen Bank

0001331456001150013314899001

Oromia International Bank

33812953392016

Lion International Bank

00111110225-2500111110238-83

Berhan Bank

22019600010262601960016632

Ato Kefene Gurmu: 0911408423

Office Address:

POBOX ፡- 1704 Code 1250

Alemu G/tsadiq building 3rd floor office number  21

Beklobet on the road to Meskel Square from Nations- Nationalities Square or Nifas silk, Near Total Fuel Station

Goh Betoch Bank is a Bank under formation. It is currently selling  shares to raise capital for its establishment. Contact Us